Where do we begin!! No matter where you go in Orlando you are sure to find something NEW! Here is a few of the wonderful things we can look forward to in 2015/2016 and beyond:
- I-Drive 360 Shopping, dining & entertainment area - opened May 2015.
- Orlando Eye, Madam Tussauds Orlando & Sealife Orlando - opened May 2015.
- Crayola Experience - opening June 2015 at the Florida Mall.
- Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) - 2015/2016
- Skyscraper at Skyplex (worlds tallest rollercoaster) located on International Drive - Spring/Summer 2016.
- Skull Island; Reign of Kong at Universals Islands of Adventure - Summer 2016.
- Avatar Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom - 2016/2017.
2013/14 saw some amazing new attractions and rides in Orlando especially at Walt Disney World which has expanded its famous Fantasyland and now New Fantasyland has doubled in size and adds two new themed areas, Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus and is the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom. New additions include:
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Casey Jr Splash and Soak Station
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride
Not to be out done, over at Universal Orlando they have there own brand new treats for visitors which include:
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Transformers: The Ride 3D
- Superstar Character Breakfasts, dine with Minions, Dora the Explorer and Spongebob Squarepants
- Springfield Expansion featuring Krusty Burgers, Lard Lad Donuts and the Duff Beer Factory
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expansion including Kings Cross Station, Diagon Alley and Gringotts Bank
At SeaWorld® Orlando, follow a young penguin’s adventure through an icy landscape on the new ride Antartica: Empire of the Penguin.
Located on International Drive Fun Spot America has had a $40million makeover and has unveiled 2 brand new thrill rides, White Lightening Roller Coaster and a suspended family coaster called Vekoma.
Not to be out done by the theme parks, Chocoholics will be in heaven at the brand new World of Chocolate Museum and Cafe. Opened in June 2013, World of Chocolate invites guests to enjoy world-renown pastries, breads and cakes in a European-style café; as well as, experience cacao surroundings while in our rainforest environment, learn the history of chocolate, marvel at hand-crafted sculptures of solid chocolate, enjoy tastings and creative workshops (times and presenters subject to change).